iPhone OS 4.0
Apple through the voice of Steve Jobs showed a preview of the new iPhone 4 OS and launched the beta version of the software to iPhone Developer Program members.
“iPhone OS 4 is the fourth major release of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. We’re delivering over 100 new features, including multitasking, folders, a unified inbox, deeper Enterprise support, and an iPhone version of our iBooks reader and online iBookstore”, Steve Jobs stated.
Here is the video presentation from the event where Steve Jobs talks about the new features and future developments:
Here is a full list of the new implementations:
1. Multitasking – Jobs says Apple is not the first company to offer this feature but they want to be the best.
2. Folders – this is a new way to organize your iPhone applications by dragging and dropping the apps into a specific folder. Users having a lot of apps installed will find this very useful.
3. Social gaming features
4. Support for bluetooth keyboards
5. Better email encryption
6. Homescreen wallpapers
7. Unified inbox – users will be able to open mail attachments
8. iAds – Apple will take care of selling and hosting the ads then the earnings will be split 60 – 40, Apple taking 40 and developers the other part. There is a little thing I want to mention here: the ads will be created using HTML5.
9. iBooks – similar to the iPad version. Have a look HERE.
Seems like a new set of 1500 API’s is coming and the developers will soon have access to it. Also this fall iPhone OS 4.0 will be available on the iPad. Stick an eye on the blog for more incoming news.